Lineage Logistics Expands Direct-to-Consumer Fulfillment Solution
Lineage’s investments in Direct-to-Consumer Fulfillment include recent acquisition of Perishable Shipping Solutions, a leader in e-commerce fulfillment for perishable foods
Solution represents one of the first complete e-commerce offerings in the cold chain
Lineage Logistics, LLC (“Lineage” or the “Company”), the world’s largest and most innovative temperature-controlled industrial REIT and logistics solutions provider, today announced that it is expanding its Direct-to-Consumer (“D2C”) Fulfillment solution to create a market leader in e-commerce for perishable customers.
As part of Lineage’s investment in D2C, Lineage has acquired Perishable Shipping Solutions (“PSS”), the premier e-commerce pick-and-pack order fulfillment service for brands requiring temperature-controlled storage and shipping. The acquisition of PSS follows the Company’s 2021 acquisition of Crystal Creek Logistics (“CCL”), a leading provider of last mile drop-ship order fulfillment for temperature-controlled goods. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Lineage’s expanded D2C Fulfillment solution provides a complete e-commerce offering for the cold chain, accommodating two-day ground shipping anywhere in the Continental United States. Currently servicing over 100 e-commerce food and beverage brands across eight facilities dedicated to D2C Fulfillment, Lineage’s seasoned team of e-commerce experts execute nearly 250,000 monthly shipments, amounting to over 2.5 million annual shipments.
“As the largest cold chain logistics provider, Lineage is uniquely positioned to be the partner of choice for the booming fresh and frozen direct-to-consumer market, which has experienced incredible growth in recent years,” said Mark Nelson, who leads D2C Fulfillment for Lineage Logistics. “Leveraging decades of experience in e-commerce fulfillment, in combination with Lineage’s comprehensive suite of transportation and temperature-controlled logistics solutions, our ability to support and scale with customers is unrivaled, whether they are primarily direct-to-consumer brands or brick-and-mortar brands considering an entrance to the market.”
A complete e-commerce offering for the cold chain, Lineage’s D2C Fulfillment solution includes:
- Strategically located fulfillment centers, operating eight temperature-controlled facilities ideally positioned to optimize two-day ground shipping to 99% of the U.S. population
- End-to-end logistics services, leveraging Lineage’s comprehensive suite of temperature-controlled transportation offerings
- Custom branded experiences, allowing partners to provide customers with a full branded unboxing experience including specialized packaging and inserts
- Commitment to food safety, using advanced temperature modeling to ensure products stay at the right temperature through delivery
- Dedicated customer service, deploying a team that will support customers from the time products enter Lineage’s facilities to when they arrive on a customer’s doorstep
To learn more about Lineage’s D2C Fulfillment solution READ MORE
Get Our Latest News! Join Our Newsletter The Science Of Shipping